As I mentioned, we're seriously considering buying a country home. One of the most exciting things about that decision is the anticipation of having something to decorate. We've been in our current condo for seven years and in that time it has been decorated and re-decorated more times that I can count on one hand. And now I'm ready for a new space to outfit. I started daydreaming about buying new furniture for the house we haven't even bought yet. Specifically, I starting thinking about wing back chairs to sit by the fireplace. Because if we're going to buy a country home, it has to have a fireplace.
- STRANDMON Wing Chair from IKEA I love IKEA's interpretation of the wing back. It definitely looks Swedish and, well, IKEA-ish, but also classic enough to keep around for years. $279
- Howell Wingback from Anthropologie Hello orange! This color makes me giddy. A little on the high end for my budget but it's a great inspiration. $1,898
- James Harrison Leather Wing Chair from West Elm As a pet owner and total klutz, I love a leather chair. Easy to clean, will hold up to years of daily use and oh so manly! $1,104
- Maynard Wing Chair from Thomasville Maybe it's because I'm thinking about a country home, but I am mad for this plaid chair. Starting at $1,219
- Marsden Leather Wing Chair from Mitchell Gold Bob Williams All ... my ... friends ... love a lowrider. The low back on this chair makes it suitable for a small room. $1,945
- Banks Wingchair from Jayson Home Ooh la la! I love this chair's Frenchiness. $1,550
- Deacon Accent Chair from JC Penney The thing I like about this chair is that it's a little smaller. Some wing backs are so large they're imposing. Plus, it's made in the USA and currently on sale. $495
- Elliott Wingback Chair from World Market I love the bright color on this chair! And it's so affordable that I won't mind turning it into a DIY project if I tire of it down the road. $279
- Study Wingback Chair from CB2 My favorite color! I have a weakness for comfy blue fabric chairs. This one seems very casual, which might be perfect for a country house. $749
Now that I've narrowed down my chair options, we just need to find the country house to put it in!
Images: Linked above.